Western Civilization: From Christianity To Paganism
Earth is Becoming an Object of Worship. Again.
Some see humans as parasites that are a constant irritant to the Host, who have lately proliferated sufficiently that we make the Host very sick and in danger of dying. The pagans feel they must do something about it.
Just two years ago, the UN designated April 22nd as “International Mother Earth Day” with a unanimous 192 nations voting “aye.”
On April 20th of this year, a group of socialist countries forced a debate at the United Nations which is seriously considering granting ‘human rights’ to the earth itself. This is beyond anthropomorphising; it is sacralizing.
Bolivia is the lead nation, and they are promoting the universal adoption of official Bolivian law, The Law of Mother Earth. The proposed UN resolution would establish at least 11 ‘rights’ for Mother Earth including: the right to life and to exist; (a better deal than most of the UN nations offer their own citizens) the right to continue vital cycles and processes free from human alteration; the right to pure water and clean air; the right to balance; the right not to be polluted; and the right to not have cellular structure modified or genetically altered.
Former Obama Advisor Van Jones is also promoting rights for Mother Earth as well. He is a Board Member of an organization called “Pachamama” – apparently a goddess revered by some South American natives.
She is celebrated by annual offerings of “food, beverages, coca leaves and cigars.” This is sure to catch on around the world. At least the coca leaves – cigars might not work.
- Do not believe in human stewardship of the earth
- Reject that we are created by God in his image and likeness; and as such are both His representation, and His representativeson earth
- See humanity as species of parasite infecting the Host, Mother Earth
- See humanity as one specie among millions on earth worthy of no more dignity than any other specie
- Seek to end capitalism
- Seek to end the tools of modernity
- Seek socialistic world governance in order to coercively mandate all manner of human activities
If you Have a god (or goddess) you Must Have the Following:
Environmentalism is now a religion, and if you have a religion, you have to create a hierarchy, and a form of worship. This has all been created in the environmental movement – there are now:
- Sacred scriptures
- Mystical religious language
- Anointed priests who are to pronounce blessings and imprecations; evangelize and teach the heathen, and guard the orthodoxy against heresies
- Worship and celebration services
“Silent Spring” by Rachel Carson published in 1962 which has resulted in the deaths of 47,000,000 people by malaria
“The Population Explosion”by Stanford Universit professor Paul Erlich published in 1968. In the book Erlichpredicted England would have ceased to exist (currently celebrating another Royal marriage), India would have collapsed from famine, mass starvation would engulf the globe, andhe concluded by saying, “it is too late to take action to save many of those people.”
Mr. Erlich continues to be celebrated as a priest of this new religion. Apparently pagans don’t stone false prophets.
“Ecoscience, Population, Resources, Environment”a college textbook by John Holdren and Paul Erlich published in 1977. In the book Holdrenproposes that human population is so dangerous that we must find a way to put “sterilants into the drinking water” in order to prevent pregnancies. Babies born to teen moms should have them taken away by law andgiven to childless couples; those who “contribute to social deterioration can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility.” Mr. Holdrenbelieves in state regulated euthanasia in apparent agreement with Margret Sanger that we must not permit human weeds to reproduce.
Finally, he suggests, “a planetary regime” would be instituted where world government uses “police powers” to control the minute details of each person’s life in order to preserve Mother Earth.
“Earth in the Balance” by Al Gore published in 1992. In this ridiculous screed Mr. Gore outlines his strategic goals:
First, we must stabilize the earth’s population – which, of course, means government control of the real objective of sex
Second, the rapid creation and development of environmentally appropriate technologies. This means huge governmental subsidies of ineffective technologies that nobody wants or is willing to pay for. We of course would have our wealth extracted through taxation so the government can engage in crony capitalism with huge corporations. (Think General Electric earning $14 billion last year, and not paying a cent in taxes.)
Third, a “comprehensive and ubiquitous change in the economic rules of the road in which we must measure the impact of economic decisions on the environment.” I will interpret: we abandon capitalism and institute socialism and use the economy to carry out the desire of our pagan rulers.
Fourth, these new economic and industrial and financial institutions must be international treaties leaving no escape from the onerous regulations
Fifth, a globally required re-education program forcing the population to adopt these new principles
Sixth, socialistic governments must be established throughout the world in order to create
These are some of the sacred texts of the new Utopian pagans.
You will find the mystical language in all of these writings andmore. It consists of a new vocabulary with the use of words like “sustainability,” “earthfriendly,” “renewable,” “biodiversity,” (kindof like multiculturalism) “endangered species,” “climate change,” “habitat,” “green,” “anthropocentric global warming,” “wetland,” “clean water,” carbon footprint,” “greenhouse effect,” “ecosystem,” “ecoscience,” “deep ecology,” “environmental justice,” and more. Hijack the language, and you hijack the capacity to think clearly.
The Priests of the New Paganism:
We have mentioned some of them above, and there are more. But I want to focus on how they bless, curse, and re-educate the population to bring salvation to Mother Earth. Lots of sin to expiate.
We hear of those who produce jobs being referred to as “rapists of the land,” “developers,” “evil capitalists,” “fat cats,” “deniers,” and more. These curses have negative economic effects on the companies and workers employed by them.
We see neopaganism being required education in all levels of public education. Al Gore’s book has been used in thousands of public school classrooms. (See the tens of millions of web hits for “environmental curricula for children.”)
The federal government uses its judicial power to punish industries engaged in ‘heretical’ operations; and its tax authority to reward failing business who are promoting the pagan orthodoxy. There is no investigation of provable lies told by those receiving government grants to support pagan orthodoxy regarding the climate. (See here, and here.)
How Has All This Happened?
We have long since been in the age of empiricism andrationalism, so why should we be faced with an elitist attempt to promote what amounts to worship of the earth?
Simply it is the desire of the few to impose their vision of what the world should be like on the many.
The view of these pagans is that they should have the freedom to tax you, punish you, censor books and publications and speech, control the opinions you are permitted to hold; and confiscate your money and use it against you to accomplish all this. They believe they should be free to do this because they are who they are. In the Messianic words of Barack Obama, “We are the ones we’ve been waiting for!” These people truly believe they have a manifest destiny to exercise their freedom, and limit yours.
Their vision has no room for you to exercise the same freedom as they grant to themselves. They don’t want you to exercise your freedom of choice because it conflicts with their vision of what the world should be like. It is, in the words of Thomas Sowell, “The Vision of the Anointed.”
These Elmer Gantry’s of paganism do not want you to fight them or oppose them – that’s too costly for them. Then how will they convince you to go along with their Utopian vision? They will lie to you in order to get you to act in a way that is antithetical to your interests and synonymous with their interests. Like gathering wild horses on the American prairie, they herd you into a smaller and smaller enclosures by creating fear that if you go another direction calamity will happen. Before you understand what was happening, you are in the corral they have created for you, and escape is impossible.
These people are coercive Utopians because this is the only way they can impose their vision. They cannot persuade you by telling scientific or economic truth, so you must be coerced. Coercion requires manipulation. The tools of manipulation are different from the reasons for it.
The current tools of manipulation have to do with scaring you about the impact of humans on the earth. They seek to intimidate you into believing we must be stopped. Remember, this is only a tool. The goal is to limit your freedoms and force your activity into specific directions that help reinforce the vision of the pagan elite. It’s a kind of environmental “scared straight.”
- In 1968, it was Paul Erlich in “The Population Bomb,” who wrote, “The Battle to feed humanity is over. In the 1970’s the world will undergo famines. Hundreds of millions of people are going to starve to death in spite of any crash programs embarked upon now. Population control is the only answer.”
- In 1969, he wrote, “I would take even money that England will not exist in the year 2000.”
- In 1970 on Earth Day Erlich said, “In ten years all important animal life in the sea will be extinct. Large areas of coastline will have to be evacuated because of the stench of dead fish.”
- In 1970, Kenneth E.F. Watt on Earth Day talking about air pollution, “If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder by the year 2000…This is about twice what it would take to put us in an ice age.”
- In 1971, it was Reid Bryson in “Global Ecology: Readings Toward a Rational Strategy for Man,” who wrote, “The continued rapid cooling of the earth since WWII is in accord with the increase in global air pollution associated with industrialization, mechanization, urbanization and exploding population.” (Emphasis mine)
- In June 24, 1974 it was Time magazine announcing, “The earth’s current climate is something of an anomaly; in the past 700,000 years, there have been at least seven major episodes of glaciers spreading over much of the planet. Temperatures have been as high as they are now only about 5% of the time. But there is a peril more immediate than the prospect of another ice age. Even if temperature and rainfall patterns change only slightly in the near future in one or more of the three major grain-exporting countries — the U.S., Canada and Australia — global food stores would be sharply reduced. University of Toronto Climatologist Kenneth Hare, a former president of the Royal Meteorological Society, believes that the continuing drought and the recent failure of the Russian harvest gave the world a grim premonition of what might happen. Warns Hare: ‘I don’t believe that the world’s present population is sustainable if there are more than three years like 1972 in a row.’”
- In 1975 it was Newsweek magazine that said, “There are ominous signs that the earth’s weather patterns have begun to change dramatically and that these changes may portend a drastic decline in food production – with serious political implications for just about every nation on earth. The drop in food production could begin quite soon…The evidence in support of these predictions has now begun to accumulate so massively that meteorologists are hare-pressed to keep up with it.” Newsweek, April 28, 1975
- In 1976, it was Lowell Ponte who wrote in, “The Cooling,” “This cooling has already killed hundreds of thousands of people. If it continues and no strong action is taken, it will cause world famine, world chaos and world war, and this could all come about before the year 2000.”
- On March 26, 2006 Time magazine now opines on global warming, “As fast as global warming is transforming the oceans and the ice caps, it’s having an even more immediate effect on land. People, animals and plants living in dry, mountainous regions like the western U.S. make it through summer thanks to snowpack that collects on peaks all winter and slowly melts off in warm months. Lately the early arrival of spring and the unusually blistering summers have caused the snowpack to melt too early, so that by the time it’s needed, it’s largely gone. Climatologist Philip Mote of the University of Washington has compared decades of snowpack levels in Washington, Oregon and California and found that they are a fraction of what they were in the 1940s, and some snowpacks have vanished entirely.” Pick and Roll.
These are the tools of manipulation.
In the next post I will deal with the reason for this manipulation, and show who is involved in it; and what they hope to achieve.
Subscribe By Email
- March 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009